The town of Zhlobin is known since the XV century. It was first mentioned in 1492 as little settlement in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.
The population of present-day Zhlobin is above 72 000. Workers of the public corporation "BelFa", of the building trust № 40, of the utility enterprise "Unikom", of the meat-packing plant, of the stock of cars № 71, of architect's offices construct the town and equip it with modern services and utilities. Belarus metallurgical works have special significance, constructing numerous buildings for social and cultural purposes. Zhlobin has wide contacts with other countries. 40 foreign firms from many countries took part in construction of Belarus metallurgical works; the largest of them were "Fest-Alpine" (Austria) and "Danieli" (Italy).
Architectural legacy of the district includes the Svyatopokrovskaya church (1807, the urban village of Streshin), the estate of the palace and park ensemble (1890—1893, the village of Krasny Bereg), the windmill (XIX век, the village of Lyady), the All Saints church (1902, the village of Perevichi); the hydrological reserve "Vydritsa".
Guide to towns and district centers of Republic of Belarus. A.V. Varivonchik [etc.]